SPARK RESISTANT CHAIN BLOCK
In many areas of industry, plants are operated with potentially explosive atmospheres. Due to the very high risk to personal and other assets, extremely strict guidelines and technical requirements are in place in explosive zones. Tiger Spark Resistant products are manufactured in accordance with ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU and the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. Our products are lightweight and durable with a proven track record. ATEX marking: Ex II 2 GD c IIC T4 IIIC T135°C. Suitable for gas and dust hazardous areas: Zone 1 & 2 (gas) and Zone 21 & 22 (dust).
Various options available from fully spark resistant, corrosion resistant SS12/20 bodies with spark resistant hooks or standard TCB chain blocks with spark resistant hooks.
Available with overload protection.
• Category II – high safety – Certification: Ex II 2 GD c IIC T4 IIIC T135°C
• Manufactured in accordance with ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU and Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
• Developed for the use in potentially explosive atmospheres (ATEX zones).
• Special coated units
• Different capacities and heights of lift to suit your specific requirements
• Available with stainless steel load chain
• Available as a combination unit with trolley
• Available with overload protection
Chain Blocks (using Tiger SS20 units)
- Stainless steel hand chain
- Corrosion protected load chain
- Special corrosion protected coated body
- Marine specific friction discs
- Brake chamber protection from outside contamination
- Copper plated suspension and load hooks, load chain guides, grip rings, hand wheels and end anchorage
- Stainless steel fixings and fasteners
- Stainless steel load chain
- Overload protection device
- Chain container
Under the ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU, equipment for areas with an explosion hazard are assigned to groups, categories and temperature classes. Our products are assigned as follows:
Ex II 2 GD c IIC T4 IIIC T135°C
Our products are third party certified by CML, EU Notified Body (No 2503) for the European Union Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX).
It is the responsibility of the user to identify which explosion proof classification is required, not the hoist manufacturer or supplier.
Due to our policy of continual product development, dimensions, weights and specifications may change without prior notice. Please check with your Tiger sales team when ordering.